Exciting job opportunity at RIBA Venues
£30,000 – £33,000 range per annum
RIBA, 66 Portland Place, London, W1B 1AD
35 hours per week, Fulltime Permanent Contract
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and its members. With a passion to promote a wider public appetite and interest in architecture through its website, exhibitions, talks and four million-strong collections, the RIBA has led the profession since its foundation in 1834, and continues to lead as architects face the challenges of the 21st century.
Our Venues team, market and sell the RIBA’s 21 meetings and event facilities, and as Sales Manager, you will be responsible for delivering our budgets and effectively selling all of our meeting rooms and services to maximise income and to promote us as a 5* unique venue in London through proactive and reactive sales. Your role will be wide-ranging including
dealing with corporate, private client and internal events.
With proven sales, negotiation and persuasive skills as well as passion for selling and delivering event services in a Heritage, Historical or Unique venue (or 5* hotel), you will be a confident sales-driven person with good attention to detail and strong financial acumen. A first class communicator, you’ll have the ability to build and develop relationships, manage expectations and meet deliverables.
Highly motivated, self starter with an ability to think creatively and have a positive approach to problem-solving, you should be able to work as part of a wider team as well as taking responsibility for sole goals and projects.
You’ll need to be educated in Business, Sales, Hospitality, Catering or related subject, with experience of a PMS/Booking system as an advantage.
- Effectively sell all of RIBA’s meeting rooms and services to maximise income and to promote RIBA as a 5* unique venue in London through proactive and reactive sales, and by upselling each contract.
- Contribute to the annual sales and marketing plan by identifying new business opportunities from new market segments.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with potential clients by e-mail and phone bringing new clients in for showrounds to maximise the business conversion from each client.
- Identify and develop sales and marketing opportunities and strategies to grow business potential.
- Account Management to increase repeat business and sales growth from key accounts
- Collaborate with the venues team and other service departments regularly to ensure accurate quoting and conversion on the site visits.
- Analyse our competitors’ event offering on a regular basis, recommending amendments to the RIBA packages to ensure that the RIBA is always in line or above the competition.
- Network at key industry events to generate new prospects and to maintain the high profile of the RIBA as an events destination
- Sales reporting to analyse business trends, conversion rates and manage the sales pipeline.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a CV, covering letter to Caterina.Alves@riba.org before Friday, 12th May 2017.