An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for the award-winning Cavendish Venues, experienced events professionals with seven central London properties.
Job description: Events Sales Executive
The Event Sales Executive’s role will be to proactively represent, promote and sell Cavendish Venues’ facilities to the corporate markets as well as industry agents. You will liaise closely with the Director of Sales in optimizing the promotion of all the facilities available within Cavendish Venues.
Cavendish Venues will work with the successful candidate to make sure that flexibility to maintain a constant flow of information is upheld on the database for reporting and that sufficient training is given to develop in the role and succeed.
Working hours will vary according to business demands, predominantly based on a rotation basis in one of three central London venues either in the West End by Oxford Circus or in the City by Tower Hill.
Generally though, a 40 hour week, 9am-5.30pm, however flexibility in covering the administrative offices is required and time off in lieu will apply.
It is envisaged that with new found business, those clients would expect the Event Sales Executive responsible for bringing in that business to be present initially to ensure a successful event.
- Competitive starting salary negotiable and dependent on experience, regularly reviewed
- Individual financial incentives subject to achieving agreed Key Performance Indicators and targets
- Bonus incentive payable subject to meeting company financial targets
- Hot Fork Buffet Lunch option available to all staff every day when at venues
- 21 Days Holiday Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays
- BUPA cover after and subject to passing probationary period (3 months)
- Pension option after and subject to passing probationary period (3 months)
- Opportunity to learn and develop career with a company with a track record of encouraging staff to achieve and to be successful for the firm and personally
- Representing, promoting and selling Cavendish Venues by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing clients via meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Arranging and carrying out site visits and visiting potential clients for new business as appropriate
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and provide clients with quotations on proposals
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Representing Cavendish Venues at trade exhibitions, events and networking occasions with and when the Director of Sales is not available to do so
- Identifying venue improvements or new packages by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Identifying business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed agreed Key Performance Indicators and targets
- Providing feedback from clients to enhance product performance and service delivery
- Preparing weekly sales activity reports to be sent to Director of Sales & CEO
- Ensuring effective internal communications both within the Sales Team, Diary Team, Operations Team and across the organization
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies as required
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed such as operational assistance where required
- Updating special offers on online platforms and suggesting ideas for Marketing such as contributions for Social Media promotion
- Attending Monthly Company evening meeting
The ideal candidate should have:
- Some experience of working in the hospitality, event, venue, sales or catering sector, holding a sales/coordinating related position for approximately 1 year, ideally London based but not essential
- Have a target driven mentality with the desire to win and retain business
- Be articulate and have a proactive approach to sales
- Be sales focused with an ability to think on your feet, have the confidence to negotiate and close business successfully and consistently
- Be able to prioritize and be highly-organised with exceptional time management
- Strong administrative and coordination skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Team player
- Degree qualification (preferable but not essential)
- Be passionate about sales and hospitality in events
- Be smartly presented
- Ability to drive an advantage
- Have previous experience of using NFS Rendez-Vous System or similar
If you feel you have all the above qualities and would like to join and contribute towards a privately-owned, award-winning company which takse pride in personable service and people development, Cavendish Venues would love to hear from you.
Email your CV with salary expectations to [email protected]